Sunday, August 16, 2009

Tour vs. Trekking

Trekking is getting more popular outdoor recreation. Beyond just taking photos of foreign world, people would like to experience the real different world. For example, they want to eat a restaurant where local people usually go, not just a restaurant where tour magazine recommend. Just seeing cannot satisfy tourists now. They prefer touching rather than watching. We are living in TUI(Tangible User Interface), not GUI(Graphical User Interface).

According to this trend, I think tour service also will be changed.
There is good example that I said. That is SunTrek.

I have trekked along the east side of the North America with Suntrek. I took a round from New York City to Washington DC, Philadelphia, Niagara fall, Toronto, Montreal, Quebec, Connecticut, Boston, and New York City again for 2 weeks. I experienced and learned from this trekking rather than a normal backpack trip.
Danish family, me, Austrian family, and Australian sisters(from left to right)

No comments:

Post a Comment