Sunday, August 23, 2009

Marketing Strategy keep Evolving

After reading WWGD(Here is a realated story), I add Jeff Jarvis' blog, buzzmachine.com on my google reader. I get inspiration from his insight.

He introduced the new book, The Chaos Scenario, on his blog. Bob Garfield, the author of the book, said that traditional media and marketing are going to collapse, and so we need to prepare in a digitally connected, Post-Media age.
By the way, he does not suggest some idea on the book, but also show how it works.

He designs a cool widget enabling purchase, I'll embed it here:



Actually, this is not my first time observing this kind of book promotion. One of the my favorite masters, Seth Godin used viral marketing strategy when he published his book Purple Cow.
His strategy made a great hit that Purple Cow was ranked on Amarzon.com even before publishing.

Just like Seth Godin's word
"Transform your business by being remarkable",
Bob Garfield transform viral marketing by using widget, it's fully remarkable.

After publishing Purple Cow at 2003, almost 6 years have passed. Times change, and Marketing Strategy keep evolving.

No comments:

Post a Comment