Saturday, May 29, 2010

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Googler




I am a senior student of Industrial & Management Engineering department in POSTECH, who has one semester left until graduation. I am looking for a job in a marketing field based on data mining and quantitative analytics, and extremely interested in entering an internship program in your company, Google, a million students would kill for this job. That opportunity will allow me to focus on my interest in marketing as well as provide me with the career possibilities and exposures to resources, such as thousands of real-time updating data and learning tools.


Here is a story how I begin to have interesting about an efficient marketing strategy. When I started an elementary school, I was illiterate. I scored always zero on the dictation test. I barely realized how to read and write by help of comic books. After then whenever I saw store signs on the street, the letters on the signs made a sound in my head. It was amazing at first. However, it happened regardless of my will. Worse, there were thousands of signs outside. The sound gave me a headache after all. Since then, I’ve considered how put the ad in the right spot for potential customers. That’s AdSense powered by Google.


As an Intern at Business Process Innovation Group of Samsung Electronics, I obtained practical experience in forecasting demands and Global Supply Chain Management which is one of core competitiveness of Samsung. Also, as the reporter of an official university newspaper at POSTECH TIMES, I have led many celebrity interviews and feature stories. As an opinion leader, I was able to learn about communicating with both sides of the dispute, controlling the quality of the group’s output, and overseeing projects aimed at making long-term improvements of the group’s processes. Finally, based on my experience of serving for the KATUSA, Korean Augmentation Troops to the United States Army, for military service, my command of English do not cause any difficulty of communication working in English–speaking environment.


I believe that my experience, along with the enthusiasm and a high energy that I will bring to the job qualifies me for the position you are seeking to fill. I look forward to the opportunity of meeting you for an interview. Thank you very much for your attention and patience.


Sincerely,
Roh, Jihoon

No comments:

Post a Comment