Monday, September 27, 2010

I'm on Prezi Blog.

I got an interview from Prezi. Here is the first draft. It was posted on Prezi Blog 9 Oct, Hangul Day.






- Please introduce yourself shortly. What do you do, where do you live?
   Hi, I’m Jihoon Roh from South Korea. I’m a huge fan of Prezi, and now running the Korean Prezi community, ‘Prezi로 발표하는 한국인의 모임’ on Facebook. (Click here) I’ve conducted several open seminars for Korean Prezi user since this June.
I’m studying about Industrial and Management Engineering at POSTECH. But these days I’m taking this semester off from school and working for Radio Pulse Inc. as Softbank Ventures Korea internship program.

- How did you got to know Prezi? 
   After reading the book What Would Google Do, I subscribed Jeff Jarvis’ blog (Click here), the author of the book. Someday he posted his new journalism project with Prezi. It was my first time to know Prezi. It was bang!

- What do you use Prezi for?
   I think Prezi is not a presentation tool, it’s a creativity maker. From the normal writing to the image and video, the way of expression is getting more visualized. Also, info-graphic is more important issue at both work and school.
Here is my point. Idea is contagious. However, Idea with Prezi can change the world. That’s what I use for Prezi.

- From a Prezi user you have soon turned to be a local community leader. What motivated you in this and how did you start? (You have created a very popular Facebook page. Can you tell more about how it started/works)?
   I’m lucky to know Prezi quite early. Unfortunately, however, Korean people usually don’t try to use foreign web service because of language barrier. For example, after Korean people broadly use smart phones this year, the number of twitter and facebook user rockets up.
I can’t wait for watching that the other Korean also does happy zooming. That’s reason why I made a facebook page to introduce and share about Prezi, and conducted the pezKor open seminar.


According to this analytics graph from the Facebook page, the interesting has shot up after every open seminar. And it’s getting more.

- Why have you decided to contact Prezi personally?
   I’ve checked out the QnA ‘Any plan for Korean (Hangul)?’ on Prezi community (Click here). Sometimes it goes forward. Finally we got the small result. That’s the beta testing of Korean prezi style on July. After that, however, there is no more progress. I thought we need somebody who takes a responsibility of that project to make it work out. So I decided to contact Prezi through the Facebook.

- We have soon started to discuss how we could create the Korean prezi style. You also involved a design team, we both put our best into the cooperation. How was our cooperation from your viewpoint?
   I really like to cooperate with Prezi. I and design team discussed about the fonts and send email to Prezi on the morning, usually I got answer from Prezi on the evening. The excellent time difference between the west and the east help us.
Here is a good precedent. When I conducted the 3rd open seminar I requested a greeting video from Adam, the co-founder of Prezi. The 3rd open seminar was quite different event from the regular one in the both aspects, the number of attending and the quality of speaking. More, Adam’s greeting video imbues audiences with new zeal. (Here is recording videos of the 3rd open seminar on ustream.tv - http://is.gd/ejNjI http://is.gd/ejNoD ) I’m so happy and appreciate that Prezi has interesting on the Korean Prezi community.

- Finally about the Korean prezi community: how do people use Prezi in Korea? Is it conferences, business, education or other most common use case? How many users you have personal contact with? 
   In Korea, there are so many application of Prezi from educational materials to business proposals. One of my seminar attendee uses Prezi as mental healing tool for kids. She is a head of the occupational therapy center. And, many professional coaches asked me how they can use Prezi for their lectures. Even, one of speakers on the 3rd open seminar did a great singing and dancing performance with Prezi.
I meet up all of them both at online, the facebook page and twitter and at offline, the pezKor open seminar. These meetings lead my life with a plentiful source of inspiration.

- How will the Korean Prezi style help local users?
   Many Korean people have difficulty with expressing themselves in good English. That’s why they hesitate to pour their stunning idea into Prezi. Thanks to the Korean Prezi style, teenaged students are also able to develop their creativity by Prezi. More, lot countries of the Southeast Asia educate Korean as their second language at schools. I’m sure the Korean Prezi style will help global users too.

- Here is several pictures which I took on open seminars and visiting Prezi lectures


 
  (pezKor 1st open seminar on July 2)


 (Visiting Prezi lecture at MediaU on July 5)


(pezKor 2nd open seminar on July 23)


 
 
(pezKor 3rd open seminar on August 13)



 (pezKor 4th open seminar on August 27)


 
(Visiting Prezi lecture at SISO on September 10)


 
(pezKor 5th open seminar on September 13)

 (pezKor 6th open seminar on September 27)


 (pezKor 7th open seminar on October 8, Prezi Korean Theme releasing Event)

   I’ve first conducted the open seminar with a lecture about very basic things like what Prezi is and how to use it. At that time Korean people rarely knew about Prezi. However after having the pezKor 3rd open seminar, it’s getting changed. More valunteer speakers can particpate the pezKor open seminar to discuss their opinions, ideas, and tips about Prezi. Besides, I collect this informatic discussion on the Facebook page and share this with some more including Korean people living in foreign country. All of contents from the pezKor open seminar are provided for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment